Everyone can be a responsible traveler, no matter what travel style you choose. You can get in touch with nature, going after a luxurious spa, hike into the rainforest or explore the city, visit classic destinations or get off the beaten path. By using socially and environmentally responsible tour operators, hotels and outfitters, you can ensure that your trip contributes to the conservation areas and well-being of communities. Your choice makes a difference
Turismo Aventura has the following recommendations to help the sustainability of our destiny:
While on Tour
Respect the local environment: Do not litter, pick wild flowers or plants; try to reuse water bottles and recycle when you can.
Respect local culture and traditions: Be aware and sensitive to cultural differences in language, custom and dress. Ask permission before taking someone’s picture.
Protect national treasures: Never buy authentic archeological artifacts or souvenirs made from endangered plants animals, such as turtle shell, coral and non-plantation precious wood.
Preserve local resources when possible: If your hotel has a policy to minimize laundering of towels and sheets, try to support it. Remember to turn off lights and air conditioning when you leave your room. Try not to waste water when you are not using it. Try to use biodegradable soaps and organic bug repellent and sun block.
Buy Local: Learn and discover about the local culture throughout the trip. Help ensure your money stays in the local community. Try local brands for food and drink. Buy hand crafted goods produced by local artisans.
In a national parks or other protected wilderness areas
* Don´t remove plants, seeds or similar animals or feed them in their natural habitat, most of them are vulnerable to environmental impact and alter their environment.
* Stay on the trail at all times: This helps lessen your impact on the forest and keeps you from getting lost.
* Not to eat dishes prepared with typical animal extinction.
* Avoid wearing perfume or any other strong scents.
* Buy hand crafted goods produced by local artisans. Your trip contributes to development of community people.